A lot of people automatically assume that you would have to get a job as a personal trainer, but this is not always the case. Some people don’t work in the fitness world, yet their job helps them to get fit, lose weight and stay in shape.
Getting fit is vital
Getting fit is vital as it means you can lose those unwanted pounds, and lower your risk of weight-related conditions. When you’re fit, you also have a lot more energy, and you tend to feel better about yourself. What’s more is you also sleep better and you have a better outlook on life.
So how can you realistically get fit, without going to the gym, or becoming a personal trainer? You get a job as a:
- Dog walker: Toronto dog walkers can walk miles each day, and this job is a sure-fire way to help you get fit. The level of fitness you achieve will automatically depend on how many customers you have, and how far you need to walk their dogs, but even just walking half a mile each day can add to your fitness levels
- Postal workers: They can also walk miles each day, in addition to carrying heavy bags of mail.
- Security staff (Those that walk around the premises) can keep fit by patrolling large areas
- Store replenishment staff: lift heavy boxes, show customers where products are, and can generally walk many miles each day
- Childminder: Anyone who looks after children for a living will need to be active as playing sport-related games with them can use up a lot of energy. What’s more is you may need to be on your feet a lot as depending on what the children need, you may need to take them places
- Tour guide: If you take people on walking tours around cities, you will definitely get fit. You can potentially walk at least 2 miles every time you have a customer. This means that during the summer months, you may walk 10 miles a day, at least 2-3 times a week.
As you can see there are many jobs that can help you to get fit. The above list only reflects a small number of the jobs that will get you in shape. If you’re intent on getting an active job, why not see what’s available in your local area, so you can get out there, earn cash and get fit?